Overheard at casa del Bluepaintred

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Hubs has a thirty inch waist (feel free to hate him for it, I do) and a six foot inseam. For as long as I have known him, I have never seen him in a pair of pants that fits him properly. He would be able to get pants to fit his waist, but then he would be walking around in manpries, so he gets pants to fit his height and uses a belt to take in the extra foot of material in the waist.

Sigh.

I know that there are places that we can buy jeans that will fit him in both the waist and the leg, but you have to pay like seventy bucks for a pair. The way we shop for clothing is if it over twenty bucks, it's too much. Except for shoes, and coats. And socks, I guess, becuase I once spent 21 dollars on a pair of socks, but man were they awesome!

For the last few months I have been trying to convince hubs that we should spend the cash and get him a pair that fits, and he can wear them just for special occasions, weddings and family gatherings and the like. Yes he wears jeans to weddings, nice, ill fitting black ones with a dress shirt and a sports coat. He looks good so STFU.

Hubs hates shopping. A lot.

Annnyway:

So I think it is time to go and get those jeans. I think you should get a pair tight enough to make a genital devision sign.

Uh. No thank you, I like my sperm count exactly where it is!

What? At Zero?


So ... I guess we will go see Santa this weekend instead...

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope those $21 pair of socks were made of gold. Wow!

10:20 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

So, tight jeans = cheap birth control?

11:12 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger mixednut said...

You want him to sound like he's on helium?

12:34 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

30 inches? I think my fucking neck is 30 inches...

5:16 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

A 6 foot inseam? Does he play basketball?

6:20 AM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby sounds studly!

8:21 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Pray tell, why does he need a sperm count? ;) That's what I would have said.

8:39 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Oh yeah, and I suck as a stalkee and as a friend. It's been a tough week over here, too. I hope you are surviving the pukes and that you didn't get it.

8:41 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Diva said...

I'm a sock whore. I love the idea of $21 socks. Thank you, I'll be asking Santa today.

Big T is a big boy too... and refuses to buy anything not cheap or on clearance. *sigh* "If it isn't from Walmart it shouldn't be bought". Right.

9:26 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

why am I not getting comment notification? I'm subscribed. You hate me, don't you... thats it. :(

10:50 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

I love socks! I dont think I have ever paid 21 dollars for a pair, but if I really liked them I would.....I feel we are worth it!!!! lol

11:44 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Well count your blessings....my chubby hubby's inseam is 30" & waist is not quite 6 feet, but close! HA!

11:45 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

a six-foot inseam? who are you married to - the Jolly Green Giant? :D

12:11 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Wow... I wonder what the Catholic Church's stance on tight jeans is... not that'd change the way we do things, just wondering. The pope still hasn't answered my letter about spaying and nuetering our dogs.

12:24 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I WANT MY FOLLOW UP COMMENTS DAMMIT!

12:25 PM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are too funny! And yes, I hate him for his 30 inch waist!

7:47 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

PP Well, no but I have issues with socks and lust...

Sheila it is a proven fact that tight pants and underwear will reduce a mans sperm count :o)

Mixed LOL. no but he has a nice ass, I;d like to see it!

Mr.Fab Did you mean penis or neck?

Blogarita not unless baseball is on his playstation. wait. no, not even then!

MetalMom I certainly think so *wink*

Shelli Heh. He doesn't. Thats why he agreed to get the big snip a few years back!

Shelli Pfft! I knew it was your working week!

Diva I'd like to see your socks. take pictures and email them to me!

Sheila Don't take it personal, I am not getting notifications that you all are commenting!

Catch Socks are always worth the money. Socks Rock!

Olga LOL, LOL plus LMAO!

Sheila I dunno.

WebMiz Well, he isn't jolly or green, but he is a full foot and then some taller than I am :o)

Marilyn Ok, now THAT is funny!

Sheila Patience Grasshopper!

FlipFlopMomma Good. I keep trying to get him to eat chocolate and junk food, but it makes him lose weight.

12:13 AM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I got your comment notification, and a couple others, finnnnnnnnally.

12:18 AM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger carrie said...

LOL! I'd measure him up and buy him a pair anyway ;)

7:55 PM, December 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home